Online Mandarin courses for children (4 to 18 years old)
GoEast provides structured Mandarin lessons focussing on interacting and engaging your child or children.
- No background knowledge required
- Courses specially developed to engage children
- Teachers with K12 (child education) degree
GoEast Mandarin has taught Mandarin to thousands of adults since 2012, and since 2014 to children aged 12 and below. We’re a Mandarin school in Shanghai and online with a great reputation among teachers & students.
In our courses for children, we focus less on grammar (compared to adult classes) but lead your child through conversations, games, puzzles and activities, developing an intuitive feeling for the Mandarin language, and to become conversational.
A language isn’t just learned through the head, but also through the heart. We make sure kids enjoy learning with us.
Tailored to kids & teen
Our courses are specially designed for children, since their learning needs and habits are very different from adults.
Based on research
We entertain to teach Mandarin. All our classes are the result of years of research. Every week our teachers and curriculum designers meet to further fine-tune our courses.
The window of 6 to 18 years old is ideal for learning a secondary language.
Word seeker, roleplaying, puzzles and other activities. Our lessons are game-based to raise the interest of children and keep them concentrated.
We conversate, not lecture, to always guide children through conversations in Mandarin with the words they know, totally immersing them in the language.
Online live lessons
Live video lessons with their personal teacher to practice what you’ve learned and to check your pronunciation. All our teachers are native Chinese and fluent in English.
Several sets of flashcards which you can use to study vocabulary on any device. Click here for a sample set.
Kids can take short quizzes, based on sentences and picture. The teacher will also see results and find out what they need to study more.
Monthly online events
We have monthly events online for you and your child to join, such as playing Werewolves (in Mandarin), guessing logo’s, and talks with guests such as photographers and writers.
What makes a GoEast teacher:
- Among top 5% of Mandarin teachers
- True language lovers
- BS, MS, or PhD degree holders in foreign language
- Average 7 years experience teaching Chinese to foreign students
- 2 month intensive training program before teaching
- We hire the best teachers from other schools
- Our NPS is +84, far above the average language school
- Only teachers with a K12 certification are used for classes to children
For kindergarten & primary school students
(Aged 4 to 12)
- Each session is 25 minutes
- Each lesson can be 1 session or 2 sessions (with 10 minutes break in between)
- Focus on language immersion, interactive games and vocabulary
For high school students
(Aged 12 to 18 year old)
- Each session is 50 minutes
- Each lesson can be 1 session, or 1.5 sessions, or 2 sessions (with 10 minutes break in between)
- Focus on language immersion, interesting narratives and grammar structures
Everything you need in one place
Everything you need in one place
What happens when you fill in this form?
- A language consultant will contact you soon
- He or she will form a lesson plan with you for your child, without obligation
- If the times and schedule is agreed with by you (and your child!), you’ll receive a payment link
- Upon payment, we’ll set up the course for your child and send you the teacher information
- Then the learning starts!