Although it’s a Christian festival, more and more Chinese people are celebrating Christmas. So how to say Merry Christmas in the Mandarin Chinese language?
Merry Christmas in Chinese is said as “圣诞节快乐Shèngdàn jié Kuàilè!”
The literal meaning is “Christmas festival happy”!
What About Other Holidays and Festivals?
Like Christmas, to say any festival greeting in the Chinese language, simply follow this pattern: Festival Name + Kuàilè （快乐, happy)
- Christmas Eve: Píng’ān yè (平安夜)
- New Year: Yuándàn (元旦)
- Hanukkah: guāngmíng jié (光明节)
- Kwanzaa: kuān zhā jié (宽扎节)
- Chinese Winter Festival: dōngzhì (冬至)
- Chinese New Year’s Eve: chúxi (除夕)
- Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) chūnjié (春节)